Stay at Buffalo Bill’s House from the Academy Award winning film “The Silence of the Lambs”. Buffalo Bill’s House is a vacation home rental, and guests get the entire home to themselves when they book a stay, providing a private, intimate experience! Featuring 4 luxurious bedrooms and 5 comfortable beds (all fresh bedding and towels provided), sleeping 8 total guests. Highlights include a fully functional kitchen (coffee, tea, creamer, sugar, spices, cooking oil and popcorn provided), a full retro-inspired game room complete with a 65″ Smart TV with state of the art surround sound and a selection of over 400 DVD’s/VHS, a host of classic arcade video games, as well as a pool table.
Buffalo Bill's Room Master Bedroom 1 king bed
Clarice's Room 1 queen bed
Hannibal's Room 1 queen bed
Precious Room 2 single beds
- Wake up and enjoy a morning coffee on our porch swing or rocking chairs as you take in the mountain and river views while the humming birds fly by.
- Have breakfast, lunch or dinner outside under our Gazebo strung with edison bulb string lights or eat a meal in our picnic area near our historic garage that was once the Layton General Store & Post Office in the 1800’s.
- Sit back and relax on one of our (8) adirondack chairs as you roast marshmallows over the fire. The edison bulb string lights on the pergola will create the perfect ambiance while relaxing by the fire.
- We have outdoor yard games to enjoy, such as cornhole, ladderball, badminton, horseshoes, volleyball and more.
- During the Summer, you can rent a kayak or canoe at Hazelbaker’s, which is only a short .2 mile walk or drive from Buffalo Bill’s House.
- A rare vintage 1941 Chessie Caboose with a bobber topper is on the property to explore!
- The pool is currently under renovation and will not be open for the Summer 2023 season. Please check our website periodically for updates.
Guests can now experience our interactive well in the “Workshop of Horrors,” built in partnership with renowned horror special effects artist Tom Savini and Emmy-nominated FX artist Jerry Gergely, the lead designer. Gergely has worked on various projects, including “Silence of the Lambs,” and is also the Technical Director of the Tom Savini Special Make-Up Effects Program at the Douglas Education Center in Monessen, PA. The team of faculty and students who worked on the well includes Ali Fleeman, Anthony Saldivar, Matt Patterson, Ashley Lutz, and Jen Holleran.
- Take Instagram/TikTok worthy photos and videos recreating your favorite scenes from “The Silence of the Lambs”.
- Have your picture taken peering out the front door like Buffalo Bill, step inside the foyer where Buffalo Bill lures Clarice into, and eat in the iconic dining room where Clarice questions Jame Gumb while he’s searching for business cards in the top drawer of the built-in curio (which still exists).
- The dining room is also the scene where Clarice first comes into contact with a death’s-head moth that landed on some sewing apparatus. She realizes it’s Buffalo Bill and draws her gun on him! As Buffalo Bill throws the business cards up in the air and runs into the kitchen to grab his pistol, and retreats to the basement with Clarice in hot pursuit down the basement stairs! Cosplay as Clarice with our provided replica green wool jacket and FBI badge.
- In addition, we’ve built Buffalo Bill’s “Workshop of Horrors:” An interactive set in the basement, complete with a vintage Singer sewing machine, the American flag, full-length mirror, mannequins dressed in vintage 80’s outfits, a kimono, fully functional disco ball, and motion activated speakers playing Goodbye Horses playing as you enter the basement. The haunting song, by artist Q Lazzarus, is now infamous with the Buffalo Bill dance scene. Make sure you “get your tuck on” while you check out the Workshop of Horrors!
There’s also plenty of “Silence of the Lambs” memorabilia, including an original copy of the production blueprints of the house, well and Hannibal cage. There is also a call sheet that was issued to the cast & crew, the location agreement, original newspaper clippings about the filming at the house, and even two production utilized pieces of wallpaper, which were screen-used in “The Silence of the Lambs”. Permanently on display, is a plethora of fan artwork and deaths-head moths to feast your eyes upon.
Check-in 3 PM /Check-out 11AM
Self check-in: We will email you a security code within 24 hours of your stay to enter into the keypad.
Buffalo Bill’s House can not accommodate any requests for early check-in or late check-out times. We apologize for any inconvenience, and appreciate your understanding. If you would like to extend your stay, please call us at 1.833.283.3245 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll let you know if there’s availability.
Buffalo Bill's House Policy
Please read our policy for pertinent information before booking your stay with us.
Still have questions?
Please see our FAQ for more frequently asked questions.
Relax & enjoy
Are you ready to have your own “Precious” Moments at Buffalo Bill’s? Book your overnight stay now!