Experience the inside of Buffalo Bill’s House, the actual home that was featured extensively throughout the climactic finale in The Silence of the Lambs for the first time in history. The property still retains many of the aesthetic attributes that were seen in the 5-time Academy Award winning film when it was shot here back in 1990!
This charming 112-year old Queen Anne Victorian style home, is located in a quaint neighborhood in historic Perryopolis, PA, within walking distance to Hazelbaker’s Canoe & Kayak rentals, and the Great Allegheny Passage walking & biking trails – mile marker 102. Buffalo Bill’s House is just a short drive to Ohiopyle State Park, Laurel Highlands & Frank Lloyd’s Fallingwater.
The property sits upon two acres of lush green landscape, and offers stunning views of the Youghiogheny River & Laurel Mountains from the comfort of Buffalo Bill’s House! With plenty of amenities to enjoy on the property, and many other nearby Silence of the Lambs film locations & local attractions to visit, there is no doubt you will have a memorable experience at Buffalo Bill’s House!
- Take Instagram/TikTok worthy photos & videos recreating your favorite Silence of the Lambs scenes.
- Have your picture taken peering out the front door like Buffalo Bill, step inside the foyer where Buffalo Bill lures Clarice into, and eat in the iconic dining room where Clarice questions Jame Gumb, while he’s searching for business cards in the top drawer of the built-in curio (which still exists).
- The dining room is also the scene where Clarice first comes into contact with a deaths-head moth that landed on some sewing apparatus. She realizes it’s Buffalo Bill and draws her gun on him! As Buffalo Bill throws the business cards up in the air and runs into the kitchen to grab his pistol, and retreats to the basement with Clarice in hot pursuit down the basement stairs!
- In addition, we’ve built Buffalo Bill’s Workshop of Horrors. An interactive set in the basement, complete with a vintage singer sewing machine, the American flag, full length mirror, mannequins dressed in vintage 80’s outfits, a kimono, fully functional disco ball, and motion activated speakers playing Goodbye Horses playing as you enter the basement. The haunting song, by artist Q Lazzarus, is now infamous with the Buffalo Bill dance scene. Make sure you Get your tuck on! while you check out the Workshop of Horrors!
- We are proud to announce that the interactive well set in the Workshop of Horrors is now complete and officially open for our guests to enjoy! The well was built in partnership with legendary horror Special Effects Artist, Director & Actor, Tom Savini as well as Emmy nominated Special FX artist Jerry Gergely (lead designer on the well build). Jerry Gergely also worked on Silence of the Lambs as a makeup artist when it was filmed back in 1990! Jerry is also the Technical Director of the Tom Savini Special Make-Up Effects Program at Douglas Education Center (DEC) in Monessen, PA! Faculty & Students of the well build from DEC include Ali Fleeman, Anthony Saldivar, Matt Patterson, Ashley Lutz & Jen Holleran.
- Guests will enjoy the ability to get inside the well itself for the most immersive photos & video ops! There are plenty of props on hand, like the basket with our signature body lotion, the hose, and even Precious the puppy! Cosplay as Catherine Martin & Buffalo Bill with our provided costumes too, all while hearing ambient well sounds and actual dialogue from Silence of the Lambs to really get you in the mood!
There’s also plenty of Silence of the Lambs memorabilia, including an original copy of the production blueprints of the house, a call sheet that was issued to the cast & crew, original newspaper clippings about the filming at the house, and even two production utilized pieces of wallpaper, which were screen-used in The Silence of the Lambs. Permanently on display, is a plethora of fan artwork and deaths-head moths to feast your eyes upon.
- A fire pit for cozy nights and a charcoal grill are available to enjoy!
- Have breakfast, lunch or dinner outside under our Gazebo with edison bulb string lights.
- Sit back and relax on our (8) adirondack chairs or picnic table under our pergola with edison bulb string lights as you roast marshmallows over the fire or play yard games! We have cornhole, ladderball, badminton, horseshoes, volleyball & more.
- In the Summer rent a kayak or canoe at Hazelbaker’s canoe & kayak rentals (a short 1/2 mile walk or drive from Buffalo Bill’s House).
- Swing, relax and read The Silence of the Lambs on our lemonade porch swing or the swing facing the large pond on our property.
- A rare vintage Chessie Caboose is on the property to explore!
- The pool is currently under renovation and will not be open for the Summer 2022 season. Please check our website periodically for updates.
Entire home: You’ll have the 3-story house to yourselves.
Complimentary Gifts: All overnight stays include complimentary travel size of our Best Selling Buffalo Bill’s House body lotion and other special gifts (Approximately $32-$128 value depending on the number of guests staying!)
Sleeps up to 8: Includes 4 bedrooms, Master Bedroom: King Bed, 2nd bedroom: Queen Bed, 3rd Bedroom: Queen Bed, & 4th Bedroom: Two Twin Beds (All linens & pillows included.) Children 8 and under are no charge, but they do still count towards the occupancy limit. Please don’t include them as a guest at checkout, so you’re not charged. Please include in the notes section how many children are 8 and under that are staying.
Full Kitchen: Stove, Oven, Refrigerator, Microwave, Toaster, Tea kettle, Keurig (coffee pods, tea, sugar, creamer, salt, pepper, garlic, crushed red pepper, cooking oil, popcorn toppings & popcorn for your Silence of the Lambs watch party included), pots & pans, cooking utensils, baking trays, measuring cups, colander, cutting board, can opener, cheese grater, blender, dishware, drinkware, silverware, knives, bar tools, wine glasses, margarita glasses, martini glasses, marshmallow skewers, outdoor plastic dishware & drinkware, paper towels, kitchen towels, oven mitts, hotpads, dishwasher, dishwasher pods, dishsoap, Sink.
Living Room: Features 50″ inch Flat Screen TV with Pluto Free TV & Samsung TV apps and DVD player.
Parlor: Features an antique organ and harp along with two sitting chairs to enjoy a good book.
Dining Room: Our dining room table sits six guests. Includes fine china that you’re welcome to use, which is located in the built-in cabinet that was seen in the film. Plenty of business cards are available in the top left drawer to recreate the iconic scene with Buffalo Bill & Clarice. A copy of Feeding Hannibal: A Connoisseur’s Cookbook is on display & for use if you feel like bringing some of Dr. Lecter’s more
stunning dishes to life while staying at Buffalo Bill’s House.
*Don’t forget to leave your business card behind in the drawer too!
Retro Game Room(AKA Buffalo Bill’s Playhouse): Located in the attic/loft area with a pool table/air hockey table, multiple free standing arcade games, murder mystery board games, a collection of over 400 DVD/VHS, and a 65″ inch Flat Screen TV w/ state of the art surround sound, DVD & VHS player.
Bathroom: Enjoy a soak or shower in our antique clawfoot tub (designed for deep soaking to relax, rejuvenate and renew) with brass fittings. Features an original 1910 stained glass window.
Travel size shampoo, conditioner, soap & lotion included for each guest. Hairdryer & towels available. Toilet paper rolls & tissue boxes included. A First Aid kit is located in the bathroom cabinet.
Free WIFI: See our Guide Book for login info & password. A link to download the Guide Book will be emailed to you once you complete your booking. A printed copy will be at the house for your viewing.
Pack n’ Play w/ fitted sheet available upon request.
Fire Safety: Fire extinguishers, fire alarms, carbon monoxide alarms & a fire exit map are located on each floor.
Check-in 3:00 pm / Check-out 11:00 am
Self check-in: We will email you a security code within 24 hours of your stay to enter into the keypad.
Our property manager and housekeepers will arrive on the property shortly after 11:00 am check-out.
Buffalo Bill’s House can not accommodate any requests for early check-in or late check-out times. We apologize for any inconvenience, and appreciate your understanding. If you would like to extend your stay, please call us at 1.833.283.3245 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll let you know if there’s availability.
Still have questions?
Buffalo Bill's House Policy
We care about your safety and the safety of our employees. Our housekeeping department and staff are following the guidelines provided by the CDC. We are using enhanced cleaning and sanitizing procedures after each stay. Buffalo Bill’s House will gladly provide and encourage the use of hand sanitizer, which will be placed throughout the home for our guests’ convenience. We want to serve our guests in the safest way possible. Click here to learn more.
Relax & enjoy "The Silence"
Are you ready to have your own “Precious” Moments at Buffalo Bill’s? Book your overnight stay now!