Tour Details - The Silence of the Lambs Filming Location
Our guided tour of Buffalo Bill’s House, The Silence of the Lambs film location is a wonderful way to step inside the home of the most prolific cinematic serial killer of all time…Buffalo Bill! Visit our beautiful & historic Queen Anne Victorian home, built in 1910 and located in historic Perryopolis, Pennsylvania, USA. (Only 45 minutes from Pittsburgh)
During one of our exclusive guided tours, a small group of guests, will visit the home & property. Tours will be conducted by the owner of Buffalo Bill’s House, Chris Rowan. Guests will be allowed to take photos & video of their favorite Silence of the Lambs filming locations, and even re-enact scenes that were shot at Buffalo Bill’s House. Please come prepared with comfortable walking shoes and apparel to match the weather forecast.
These tours, overnight stays, special events, on-location filming and merchandise support our efforts to ensure that The Silence of the Lambs filming location, Buffalo Bill’s House is around for generations to come. Thank you for supporting a small family business!
What is included with the tour of Buffalo Bill's House?
- The tour will be conducted by Buffalo Bill’s House owner, Chris Rowan, and will be an hour and a half to two hours in total length. You will be able to see the entire home, as well as the 2 acres of private property that surround it.
- You may freely ask any questions you have during the tour, and Chris will be happy to answer them for you!
- In addition, time to explore the house to recreate your favorite scenes, and retrace Agent Clarice Starling (Jodie Foster) & Buffalo Bill’s (Ted Levine) footsteps, GET YOUR TUCK ON in our world famous basement – where Buffalo Bill’s Workshop of Horrors interactive film set is located. Take tons of Instagram worthy photos & TikTok videos. (For personal use only! i.e. personal social media, sharing with family and friends etc. – footage will not be allowed to be utilized for professional promotion of personal business,websites, etc. Please see our filming & photography policy here.
- Step into our interactive well that was built in partnership with legendary horror Special Effects Artist, Director & Actor, Tom Savini as well as Emmy nominated Special FX artist Jerry Gergely (lead designer on the well build). Jerry Gergely also worked on Silence of the Lambs as a makeup artist when it was filmed back in 1990! Jerry is also the Technical Director of the Tom Savini Special Make-Up Effects Program at Douglas Education Center (DEC) in Monessen, PA!
- There’s also plenty of Silence of the Lambs memorabilia, including an original copy of the production blueprints of the house, a call sheet that was issued to the cast & crew, and even two production utilized pieces of wallpaper, which were screen-used in The Silence of the Lambs! Permanently on display, is a plethora of fan artwork and deaths-head moths to feast your eyes upon.
- Exclusive gift souvenirs and apparel available for purchase at the conclusion of the tour. These items include: t-shirts, our best selling all natural body lotion, coffee mugs, enamel pins, all natural lip balm, magnets, reusable eco-friendly tote bags, bumper stickers & face masks. You can see our items that will be available in our online gift shop. We accept Cash, Venmo, Paypal, and Debit/Credit for all merchandise sales.
When is the next tour at Buffalo Bill's House?
Can I have a private large group tour or event at Buffalo Bill's House?
If you have a group that would like a private tour or event at Buffalo Bill’s House, please submit a request by contacting us here. Our ability to service these requests will vary based on availability.
Still have questions?
Relax & enjoy
Are you ready to have your own “Precious” Moments at Buffalo Bill’s? Book your overnight stay now!