Buffalo Bill's House
Take a guided tour of Buffalo Bill’s House, the famous location from the movie The Silence of the Lambs. Located in Perryopolis, Pennsylvania, the Queen Anne Victorian home was built in 1910 and is only 45 minutes from Pittsburgh. Tours are conducted by the owner, Chris Rowan, and guests are allowed to take photos and re-enact scenes from the movie. Comfortable clothing and walking shoes are recommended. Overnight stays, special events, on-location filming, and merchandise sales support the preservation of the historic location for future generations. Thank you for supporting our small family business.
What is included with the tour of Buffalo Bill's House?
- Join Buffalo Bill’s House owner Chris Rowan for a 90 to 120-minute tour of the house and the 2-acre private property.
- You may freely ask any questions you have during the tour, and Chris will be happy to answer them for you!
- In addition, time to explore the house to recreate your favorite scenes, and retrace Agent Clarice Starling (Jodie Foster) & Buffalo Bill’s (Ted Levine) footsteps, GET YOUR TUCK ON in our world famous basement – where Buffalo Bill’s Workshop of Horrors interactive film set is located. Take tons of Instagram worthy photos & TikTok videos. (For personal use only! i.e. personal social media, sharing with family and friends etc. – footage will not be allowed to be utilized for professional promotion of personal business,websites, etc. Please see our filming & photography policy here.
- Step into our interactive well that was built in partnership with legendary horror Special Effects Artist, Director & Actor, Tom Savini as well as Emmy nominated Special FX artist Jerry Gergely (lead designer on the well build). Jerry Gergely also worked on Silence of the Lambs as a makeup artist when it was filmed back in 1990! Jerry is also the Technical Director of the Tom Savini Special Make-Up Effects Program at Douglas Education Center (DEC) in Monessen, PA!
- There’s also plenty of Silence of the Lambs memorabilia, including an original copy of the production blueprints of the house, a call sheet that was issued to the cast & crew, and even two production utilized pieces of wallpaper, which were screen-used in The Silence of the Lambs! Permanently on display, is a plethora of fan artwork and deaths-head moths to feast your eyes upon.
- Souvenir gift items like t-shirts, hoodies, body lotion, mugs, lipbalm, magnets, stickers, totebags, plush precious animal, custom framed deaths-head moth taxidermy and face masks can be purchased after the tour. Cash, Venmo, Paypal, and debit/credit are accepted. Visit the online gift shop to see the available merchandise.
When is the next tour at Buffalo Bill's House?
Click here to browse our upcoming 2023 tour dates.
If you can’t attend one of the upcoming tour dates at Buffalo Bill’s House, please subscribe to our mailing list for a chance at tickets for a future event when they become available.
Can I have a private large group tour or event at Buffalo Bill's House?
If you have a group that would like a private tour or event at Buffalo Bill’s House, please submit a request by contacting us here. Our ability to service these requests will vary based on availability.
Still have questions?
Relax & enjoy
Are you ready to have your own “Precious” Moments at Buffalo Bill’s? Book your overnight stay now!